We are looking for a motivated lead development representative intern who has a consultative business development approach and is able to provide an outstanding customer experience with engaging conversational skills. You will be managing a pipeline of inbound marketing leads and is responsible for developing inbound leads into marketing qualified leads through phone and email conversations.
- Finding and developing new business by following up on inbound leads, and qualifying those that can be a fit for Zendesk's products
- As a customer experience evangelist, you will become an expert on Zendesk’s products, conduct discovery and business development calls
- Using personas (if possible)
to find the job titles and brands that fit into the firmographic data that points toward Zendesk's ideal customer profile
- Engage new inbound leads with timely, aspirational and valuable conversations to create interest
- Continue to manage and engage your inbound leads with the objective to create interest and progress to a marketing qualified lead
- Provide an awesome customer experience by being the voice of the customer; understand their needs and ensure that they feel well taken care of throughout the engagement
- Track all leads and update customer details including use cases, purchase time frames, next steps, and ensure activities are updated into our CRM
- The lead development representative (LDR) role will work closely with the Zendesk marketing and sales team to coordinate leads for follow up and hand over
- Meet business development targets, which include Lead follow up SLAs, Lead Conversion Rate targets and Accepted Sales Pipeline targets
- Bachelor’s degree in progress, with graduation in 2022 or later
- Excellent English verbal and written communications skills
- 0-1 year of business development or phone based sales experience; software/SaaS experience preferred
- Passion for technology and ability to learn tools and processes quickly
- Exceptional organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task a high volume of leads at all times
- Ability to thrive in a face paced environment; you move quickly, think strategically and are superb at tactical execution
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth.
More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America.