Wiley Technology - Workplace Learning Solutions - WLS
Location: Curitiba, Brazil
Join the team that is inventing every day the way people learn in a mobile, social and connected world!
Want a casual work environment filled with energy, creativity, and a fast pace, while maintaining an extremely flexible environment? Workplace Learning Solutions (a division of John Wiley & Sons) balances the benefits of working for a big company with the fun and creativity of working in a human-sized, agile organization. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and embrace individuals who get excited about learning, whether online or by the book. Learning is for everyone,
and so is our workplace. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion. It is in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
We invent every day the way people learn in a mobile, social, and connected world. We have been awarded multiple times by the E-learning industry.
Our customers are companies and corporate organizations, willing to develop meaningful competencies for each of their employees (visit https://www.Wiley.com/ to learn more about our products and our vision).
At Workplace Learning Solutions, our international team is responsible for building the platforms and infrastructure accessed by millions of learners every day around the world. Our mission is to create impactful learning experiences on high-performing software.
We build experiences that enable learners to acquire skills needed for businesses to succeed.
You will work with great people using best practices and an agile development process to design, test, and deliver powerful code every day.
To support our development activities, we are expanding our software development team and recruiting full-stack web development engineers worldwide.
Member of the Software Development tribe, with teams in the United States, Brazil, and Sri Lanka, you will be integrated into a multi-disciplinary development squad working in Agile - Scrum mode in a SAFe framework.
- Build new features on existing products and brand-new experiences for our learners
- Maintain, refactor, rework software code whenever identified as necessary by the software group and approved by the product team
- Be accountable for the software quality, including performance, scalability, and accuracy of any implemented feature
- Practice high-quality development methods: unit tests writing, code review, code standards, test automation, technical integration documentation
- Actively contribute to Agile - SAFe and Scrum ceremonies (daily meetings, refinement meetings, retrospectives, PI Planning, and others)
- Bachelor’s degree in computer sciences or equivalent, you are looking for an innovative company operating in a fast-growing business.
- You benefit from at least 3 years of work experience in software development on backend and frontend technologies.
- Knowledge about backend frameworks (such as .NET, ExpressJS, and/or others)
- Able to apply best practices and standards to your daily work
- Enjoy solving complex problems using simple solutions
- Knowledge about Agile methodologies (SAFe, Scrum, Kanban, etc) and comfortable working with a close multiple competencies team
- You are comfortable in reading, writing, and speaking in English, face to face or for an audience, as it is our primary language
- Having some knowledge of some of these topics will be a key advantage: Amazon AWS, MySQL, GitHub, Jenkins, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, Jira and SnowFlake.
- Being familiar with DevOps practices will also help your day-to-day work
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology, globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. As a learning business, Wiley makes meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers. The company’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations in the U.S., Europe, Asia, Australia, and Canada.
Curitiba, State of Paraná, Brazil