Bom Sucesso do Sul
Basecone , a Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting Europe company, is a vibrant and dynamic place to work.
We push boundaries and challenge each other every day. We collaborate across disciplines, trying to achieve that common goal: to develop, launch and maintain state-of-the-art Solutions. Solutions that effectively address real business problems and provide the best customer experience out there. Solutions that you and your team can be proud of at the end of the day.
At Basecone we believe our people are the heart and soul of our company. We value everyone’s input and believe in a commonly agreed commitment. We offer a no-nonsense environment, in which professionalism, fun and open communication are key elements.
About the role:
he Agile Coach will be responsible for helping to coordinate activities related to the Agile teams, across all the product development lifecycle (thinking about what to do, understand if it is possible to do, execute the work, think about what could have gone better). Not only that, but you will also be asked to work on cross teams and cross departments initiatives that will help the company to achieve a higher performance in terms of Product execution.
The Program Manager / Agile Coach role is suited to those who want to help companies to reach flawless Agile Execution across the Sprint, the Quarter, and the Year.
We are more interested in the impact you generate for the company than in a fixed role that limits your capability to go beyond and experiment. As a Program Manager / Agile Coach, your position can vary depending on our Agile Teams' current needs and the room for improvement you see in our ways of working. Sometimes, you can be working at day-to-day tactical work while, at the same time, thinking strategically on how to improve certain situations that slow us down as a company.
You will be asked to:
- Support our Agile teams acting as an Agile Coach, helping them to reach the next level of team maturity, mentoring them to work better, find rooms for improvements, and follow them closely;
- Act as the Scrum Master of one or two Agile teams in teams that do not have a Scrum Master yet and need help organizing themselves;
- Work on cross-teams and cross-departments initiatives that go beyond our day-to-day activities that aim to surface patterns on the way we work and the way we move as a company;
You should be able to adapt to the never-ending changing (and fast-paced) environment of a scale-up company while maintaining focus on making sure alignment, visibility, and efficiency exist at the necessary level, but not slowing us down. You should not create a process for the sake of a process. You should lead by example by promoting good behaviors and being solutions-oriented, ensuring that you do what it takes for our teams to succeed.
- Lead (or support) our Agile Teams in Agile ceremonies.
- Surface Scrum ceremonies outcomes based on Estimations and Velocity.
- Ensure that Agile teams execution data is reliable so good (and bad) patterns can surface and discuss those with our Agile teams or with our departments.
- Promote an environment where automation of repetition work is vital, so the people who work around you can focus on what matters, bringing their real value to the team, the company, and the business.
- Ensure a workplace culture where knowledge sharing is vital by promoting moments of interaction between teams, roles, and departments.
- Be a person with a continuous improvement mindset.
- MSc in Computer Science or related fields.
- 2+ years of experience in leading teams that required support in terms of Agile Project Management.
- Clear communication and writing ability to handle different communication channels.
- Experience in Agile progress and documentation tools (JIRA, Confluence).
- Experience in Quarter Roadmap Planning tools is a plus (Dragonboat, MS Project, others).
- Experience in Dashboard reporting tools is a plus (Tableau, Power BI).
What we offer:
- Very competitive salary. We want to build a great team, and we want to get those who are the best at what they do.
- Work with a perfect knowledge balanced team, across The Netherlands and Portugal.
- Experience working for an international company, with a strong focus on the actual IT working methodologies and mentality.
- A working environment where your team and manager understands that it’s important to spend time thinking on a solution, rather than rushing into the first one that comes to mind; an environment where refactoring and rebuilding are seen as sometimes necessary; an environment where the team is the one truly responsible for coming up with a solution, rather than implement one that was imposed.