BASIC FUNCTIONS: The SDK Developer will help to monitor, maintain and improve Software Development Kits (SDKs) dedicated to Telematics (iOS, Android) used by LNRS local clients. The SDK Developer will also provide support to the Technology Operations team and SDK integration projects with clients and partners.
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experience required
- Proficiency with data manipulation languages and ability to work with simple data models.
Perl, Shell Scripting, Java, C#, Apache, HTML5, CSS.
- Familiarity of industry best practices — code coverage.
- Strong knowledge of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Waterfall).
- Knowledge of data storage subsystems and test-driven development.
- Ability and desire to learn new processes and technologies.
- Ability to write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Ability to complete moderately complex bug fixes.
- Good oral and written communication skills in English and Portuguese
- Identify and plan for new features
- Develop application programming interfaces (APIs) to support mobile functionality
- Suggest and implement new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Remain up to date with the terminology, concepts, and best practices for coding mobile apps
- Work closely with colleagues to constantly innovate app functionality and design
- Use and adapt existing web applications for apps
- Write unit and UI tests to identify malfunctions
- Communicate with users to understand their needs and experiences
- Write and review portions of detailed specifications for the development of system components of moderate complexity.
- Complete simple bug fixes.
- Work closely with other development team members to understand product requirements and translate them into software designs.
- Operate in various development environments (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) while collaborating with key stakeholders.
- Resolve technical issues as necessary.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.