Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With Pride.
Working as part of a cross functional team, you lead RDQ activities to complete packaging design and packaging deployment for innovation/growth projects and productivity projects across multiple geographies with an emphasis on delivering the desired consumer experience.
How you will contribute
You will independently coordinate technical work for projects in line with RDQ, marketing and manufacturing requirements, effectively communicating status and risks,
and coordinate projects to determine appropriate packaging specification information using sampling and supplier management and pilot-plant and factory trials in accordance with good manufacturing practice and HACCP requirements. In this role, you will also develop activities such as packaging design and specifications, scale up, commissioning, etc., and plan for the effective use of resources including the use of external agencies and suppliers. To succeed in this role, you will use your understanding of equipment design and manufacturing processes to ensure that packaging specifications are determined with excellence. You will be accountable for stakeholder management and influencing decisions based on conclusions derived from the analysis and interpretation of results; develop and leverage connections both internally and with the external technical community; and create intellectual property to drive competitive advantage.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the following experience and knowledge:
- Packaging development and/or packaging deployment, ideally within fast moving consumer goods or consumer packaging goods environment
- Leading teams and influencing cross-functional teams
- Planning and delivering multiple priorities
- Proactively identifying complex technical or business problems and creating and implementing solutions
- Influencing senior and cross-functional stakeholders verbally and in writing, including writing technical reports
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Championing for consumer needs
- Technical curiosity and collaborative mindset
More about this role
What you need to know about this position:
The Sr Packaging Engineer II or Sr Packaging Scientist II in the G&C; category, has frequent connection and multi-functional relationship with:
- Marketing: NPDs projects which requires packaging expertise.
- MSC: on projects which requires quality improvement, new lines or equipment acquisition or logistic improvements.
- Global and Regional Packaging organization: interaction with senior members on these communities, exchanging knowledge and information with colleagues on the same function in other locations, being part of project teams.
- Consumer Insight: partnership on projects which requires packaging technical knowledge and consumer test support.
- R&D; Product: for all projects which requires interaction product/package.
- Other R&D; functions (SARA, Analytical, Quality, Consumer Science): share of knowledge and information from the packaging perspective, adding value to projects and initiatives.
- Suppliers: develop new suppliers, establishing the routine and project scoping. Request quotation and materials through Procurement area.
- Meeting attendance within multi-functional teams on project execution.
- Access to sensible business information to have full screen understanding and take decisions on priorities, trials, packaging changes, reformulation etc
- Interact occasionally with other category teams according to project and initiative needs.
- Perform activities in all Mondelez plants, according to the needs.
- Is a key technical expert in all network interactions
What extra ingredients you will bring:
- Recommend right packaging material for each application.
- Lead brainstorming sessions, benchmark and presentations.
- Build project reports (DSA, Safety analysis, specifications, technical drawings, lab reports etc)
- Supplier development (equipments/materials)
- Main technologies and packaging materials
- Interactions between packaging, product and equipments.
- Affinity with concepts and tools on Intellectual Properties
- Understanding of key steps on packaging development and ability to buid timelines and risk assessments.
- FATs, SATs and other equipment validation process.
- Full development and start-up of a new production line, focusing on packaging technologies.
Education / Certifications: Complete graduation on Engineering (Food, Chemical, Production, Mechanical etc), Pharmacist, Chemistry, Design and related courses.
Job specific requirements:
Desired minimum of 6 years on Packaging or similar areas
Advanced English. Desired Spanish
LA and globe
No Relocation support available
Business Unit Summary
Our Latin America region is comprised of four Mondelez International business units: Brazil, México, Southern Cone (which includes Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay) and WACAM (which includes 12 South American countries and the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico); and one stand-alone market: Venezuela. We have approximately 20,000 passionate employees who put in all their energy, hearts and souls to create, market and sell our global iconic brands and beloved local jewels such as Lacta, Field and Terrabusi among others. We are known for our resilience and good humor and live our purpose with passion and commitment.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Temporary (Fixed Term)Packaging Development & EngineeringScience & Engineering