Stanley Black & Decker
Industrial Design Manager- Towson, MD
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do
As a Industrial Design Manager, you’ll be part of our Global Storage & Tools team located in Towson, MD. You’ll get to:
Lead and implement design vision for all global brands,
across more than 50 Categories, in all global markets. They will lead a global team of designers to execute a high volume of diverse product at a rapid pace.
The Designer will function as an integral extension of the Global Customer Experience Design Teams in; Towson MD, Spennymoor UK, New Britain CT, Columbus OH, Idstein DE, Rosh Ha Ayin Israel and Suzhou CHN. This is a strong community of over 90 Industrial Design professionals. The position is based in Towson MD with occasional global travel.
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from a 4 year university
- Must be highly collaborative with Business, Marketing, Engineering, and Brand Stakeholders
- - Must be a decisive leader comfortable setting direction for extensive product lines
- - Must enjoy driving business results through design strategy
- - Must exude positive energy and Innovative ideas
- - Must have strong digital Sketching and visualization skills
- - Must be comfortable supporting multiple production projects in parallel
- - Must inspire and engage team
- - Must be excited to present ideas to Medium to Large business leaders regularly
- - Must have a high attention to Detail, Visual Design Language, and Proportion
- - Must be adept in the production of 3D concept models (Solidworks, Rhino, Alias, Pro E, Catia)
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
Ho w You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.