Stanley Black & Decker
Senior Project Industrial Designer - B&D; Tools- Towson, MD
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do
As a Senior Project Industrial Engineer , you’ll be part of our Global Tools & Storage team located in Towson, MD:
We are seeking an intelligent, highly motivated,
Industrial Designer with great skill who is eager to learn! This person will have the opportunity to set the vision and lead the implementation of the future of Black + Decker Power tools globally. They will have the opportunity to lead and design products for over 50 categories across 6 continents. The Designer will function as an integral extension of the Global Industrial Design Teams in; Towson MD, Spennymoor UK, New Britain CT, Columbus OH, Idstein DE, Rosh Ha Ayin Israel and Suzhou CHN. This is a strong community of over 90 Industrial Design professionals. The position is based in Towson MD with occasional travel.
You will need to be:
- Must be comfortable leading technical direction for global teams
- Must have CMF experience and a high attention to detail
- Must have experience in highly refined ergonomic solutions
- Must be proficient in presenting to cross functional business leads
- Must exude positive energy and Innovative ideas
- Must have strong digital Sketching and visualization skills (Photoshop sketching a plus)
- Must be comfortable supporting multiple production projects in parallel
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design from a 4 year university
- 5-10 Years relevant Industrial Design experience
- Develop innovative product concepts in collaboration with Global Stakeholders
- In depth sketch and form development of new consumer products
- Evaluate quality of production samples
- Create and test and execute ergonomic solutions at a very high level
- Implement Brand Design Language on a wide variety of products across Black + Decker
- Evaluate and Influence user experience on a highly diverse range of consumer products
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
Ho w You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.