Liferay, Inc. is a uniquely profitable B2B enterprise software company with 1,000 fiery-eyed employees all across Europe, the Americas, Middle East, and Asia. As the leading provider of enterprise open source technologies, we have been recognized by Gartner for empowering businesses around the world to solve complex digital challenges. Our flagship product is the Liferay Digital Experience Platform, which companies like HP, Domino’s, and Airbus use to build customized experiences for their customers and employees. But we don’t just make awesome software, we are also fueled by a greater-than-profit vision. By building a vibrant business, making technology useful, and investing in communities,
we make it possible for people to reach their full potential to serve others. We give our employees five days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about, and Liferay donates 10% of our profits to charities around the world. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run!
Role & Requirements
Liferay’s core product team is looking for a designer to create engaging experiences in our exciting low-code, workflow feature set! You will work across the SDLC (software development lifecycle) to take complex business requirements from buyer personas and design delightful interactions for end users. Check out this recent post from one of the team to get an idea of the type of work you’ll be doing.
What do I need to succeed?
In addition to a strong foundation in core design skills — type, color, layout — a background, or at least a demonstrable passion for these skills is necessary:
- Empathetic interaction You’ll be designing for highly technical IT administrators, non-technical business users, and everyone in-between. You know how to understand your users and design for the edges, not the average.
- Engineering Foundation Designing a low-code product means having a solid grasp of the engineering behind it so that you can more effectively design solutions for business users.
- Collaboration Working inside of our core platform (Liferay DXP) means considering the greater context and working with other teams is essential. You’re an active listener and can communicate your ideas effectively, and your designs shine as a result.
What will help me stand out?
- Low-code/workflow experience You’ll have plenty of mentorship, there are two other senior designers who have experience in this area, but if you can bring expertise in this field, all the better!
- Design research Did we mention that this role requires a deep understanding of a variety of people? Having a background in research and experience in a variety of methods would be very helpful.
- Business acumen Having a good understanding of business principles is great, if you know how an enterprise business operates, even better!
What do I need to apply?
- Link to your website that includes recent, relevant case studies
- Cover letter (nothing formal!) with 3-5 sentences about your experience working in low-code environments.
Awesome, but what does Liferay offer for me?
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience;
- Attractive benefits;
- A place to be yourself, in which everyone can grow personally and professionally;
- Flexible schedule;
- A positive and collaborative work
- Work in a fast-growing, successful company with incredible mission and values: https://www.liferay.com/company/our-story
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.